LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) is a globally recognized sustainability achievement symbol. It is the most widely used green building rating system and is available for new construction and remodels. LEED provides parameters for building efficient, healthy buildings with cost-saving methods.
The benefits of LEED Certification include:
- certification requires third party inspection and testing, which provides objective quality assurance above and beyond the mandatory building inspections.
- Reduced energy and water usage
- Lower operating costs
- Less construction waste
- Reduced liability
- More durable buildings
- Supports the local economy
- Greater resale value
- Improved indoor air quality
- New Mexico’s Sustainable Building Tax Credit will return up to $13,000 in tax credits for a residential building that earns LEED Platinum Certification.
- It is becoming easier for individuals with modest incomes to have their homes remodeled or built to green standards.
Jim Graham, Contractor